photo facebook_zps1c56e0d5.png  photo pinterest_zps37b051d6.png  photo instagram_zps683531d3.png  photo twitter_zps2df70c88.png  photo bloglovin_zps4653af45.png

Friday, December 7, 2012

2012 Book List


One of my favorite hobbies is reading. Here is a list of my top favorites that I have read in the past year.  If your not a member on Goodreads do yourself a favor and go sign up. You can keep track of everything you read, rate it, write reviews, and find new books to read based on your preferences. This site has opened me up to finding so many great books. I had a great year in 2011 and read SO many great books see my "goodreads read list" for more info.

Become friends with me on Goodreads here!

These are not in any order! But I did * the books I now have a love affair with! haha

Storm (Elemental #1) Brigid Kemmerer
Spark (Elemental #2) Brigid Kemmerer These were a surprise hit for me. Check them out!

Delirium (Delirium #1) Lauren Oliver
Pandemonium (Delirium #2) Lauren Oliver I enjoyed these a little more than the Matched Series.

The Light Between Oceans M.L. Stedman Oh this book, happy, tears, happy, tears. A must read!

Matched (Matched #1) Ally Condie
Crossed (Matched #2) Ally Condie I have the final book on request at the library, I'll let you know how I like the conclusion to this story.

The Monsters of Templeton Lauren Groff  The main character- I LOVED her! Historical Fiction, Mystery and Comedy!

*Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) Melina Marchetta
*Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles #2) Melina Marchetta MY favorite new books!!!! I was surprised to find that these are categorized as TEEN. These remind me of Game of Thrones just not as graphic.

*The Mortal Instruments Cassandra Clare    AH! Cassandra Clare kills it! 
#1 City of Bones the movie comes out August 23rd just in time for my 30th! Birthday
#2 City Of Ashes
#3 City of Glass
#4 City of Fallen Angels
#5 City of Lost Souls
*Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices) Cassandra Clare
*Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices) Cassandra Clare    I read these before The Mortal Instruments-- love the era and setting.

On the Island Tracey Garvis-Graves Quick read. Good romance novel!

Heart of the Huntress Tess Oliver Werewolves! Romance, Adventure, and an awesome time period. This is the second book in the series.

Trail of the Spellmans (The Spellmans #5) Lisa Lutz Probably one of my favorite main characters, these books feed my need for information. Why couldn't I have been born into a family of p.i.'s?!?

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #9) J.R. Ward
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) J.R. Ward
JR Ward is a phenomenal writer. These are the sexiest vampire books I've ever read and they are layed out like your watching a tv show/movie- perfect blend of romance and action

Fifty Shades of Grey  E.L. James
#1 Fifty Shades of Grey
#2 Fifty Shades Darker
#3 Fifty Shades Freed  These have been talked about way too much so they need no explanation. Read and make your own judgement. I enjoyed them!

Siege (As the World Dies #3) Rhiannon Frater ZOMBIES!!! Probably one of my favorite Zombie series

Divergent (Divergent #1) Veronica Roth
Insurgent (Divergent #2) Veronica Roth Love.Love.Love these books!

Would LOVE comments and feedback! What did you read that was good this year?

2 comments:

  1. Hey - can I subscribe to your blog to get emails when you post? Don't see a link for that anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added it! Top left corner. Thank you!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete