photo facebook_zps1c56e0d5.png  photo pinterest_zps37b051d6.png  photo instagram_zps683531d3.png  photo twitter_zps2df70c88.png  photo bloglovin_zps4653af45.png

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kristin's Crockpot Chili

I made chili for the first time this summer. Decided to keep track of my recipe. It came out really good and we enjoyed it so I thought I would share how I made it. This recipe is good for the whole family because it's not very spicy.


1 pound ground beef (ground chicken or turkey whichever you prefer)
1 small-medium onion
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper (optional, I had one so I used it)
12 ounce tomato paste
28 ounce dice petite tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
14.5 ounce can stewed Italian tomato
15.5 ounce black beans
15.5 ounce red kidney beans
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons minced garlic
sea salt
ground black pepper
cumin
chili powder

I do all my seasonings to taste. I like ALOT of cumin.

Ingredients

Seasonings 

Chop up your veggies

Brown and drain your meat

Rinse your beans

Throw everything in crockpot
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8

Add cheese...tortilla strips? Scoop with tortilla chips...so many tasty possibilities..


No comments:

Post a Comment