photo facebook_zps1c56e0d5.png  photo pinterest_zps37b051d6.png  photo instagram_zps683531d3.png  photo twitter_zps2df70c88.png  photo bloglovin_zps4653af45.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

100 Book Challenge: August 2013

49. The Longings of Wayward Girls, by Karen Brown
I love a good murder mystery. This novel also captured the spirit of being a kid in a neighborhood where you actually play outside and use your imagination! The story takes place in the present time but then flashes back to the main characters childhood. You relate so much with her childhood and also with her struggles as a married adult woman with children. 

50. Spirit (Elemental #3) by Brigid Kemmerer
A teen series that isn't too childish. I don't feel at all awkward about being a "grown up" and reading this one. I wasn't sure how much I was going to like this book since it wasn't focusing on the brothers that the series is based around but the struggle that played out in this book for the character Hunter was well written. He's a teenager with special powers with no one he thinks he can trust and has a lot of growing up to do. Seeing how his character developed was entertaining. Looking forward to the next book in the series.

51. The Dark Divine, Bree Despain
I picked up this series of books after they were recommended by my friend Cristi, she really enjoyed them. I finished the whole series in a little over a week! Lots of love and action! And there's werewolves, vamps, and demons....the trifecta of my perfect book. This is a teen series. 

The second in the series. I enjoyed seeing the main character develop a new relationship and the new character that was introduced was appealing. Just enough mystery. Plus we get to see the main character kick some butt!

The conclusion to the series. I'm happy with the way the series ended. The story lines were finished and there was a lot of action at the end. A great series to read.

54. Goddess (Starcrossed #3), Josephine Angelini
The conclusion to a series that I stumbled upon at the library. The story went in a direction I wasn't expecting and I'm still thinking about whether or not I like how it ended. I'm still really unsure. The series is worth picking up though. I loved the first two books. 

55. Plague Town, by Dana Fredsti
The first in a new series. Kick ass heroine with a twist on the normal zombie apocalypse. These are adult fiction and get pretty graphic. The main character Ashley has a weird way of thinking about things and its hilarious. Very excited for the next book!

56. Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn
The second book I have read by Gillian Flynn and it leaves an impression. I'm still thinking about the ending days later. I love Flynn's writing style. Going back and forth from the present to the past. You read her books like you watch a show or movie. I have a clear picture of the people and places in her books. An excellent read. Looking forward to Sharp Objects next.

No comments:

Post a Comment